caniasERP Basic Core Data Management (BAS)
This module is responsible for management of master data in addition to administration and control of the general system and is available in all caniasERP enterprises. The caniasERP Basic Core Data module is structurally connected to all function fields of the software. With this module, not only classical basic data but also check tables are managed. Thus, extremely high flexibility is guaranteed for system users. In the framework of caniasERP ‘s “authority” concept, some company employees may be granted the authority to perform configurations and changes related to their areas of business. Therefore, control over system design is entrusted to the user.
Check Tables as Base of the System
The caniasERPsystem is based on check tables that are brought together within the caniasERP Basic Core Data module. For instance, check tables are used for all selection fields to determine a material or document type, product group or warehouse location. Other examples include headings such as departments, authorities, material requirement planning, variants, and planning related deadlines or source types.
Changes made in check tables become instantly effective. When a check table setting (for example, new table, structure or content change in an existing table) or a parameter is created, changed or deleted, the consequence of such change can be displayed immediately across the system.
Many customer demands can be met by configuring check tables. Thus, the caniasERP system enables requirements of different sectors to be met by arranging check tables differently within the same solution.
Maintenance of Customer and Vendor Basic Core Data
The maintenance of all basic core data related to vendors, contingent customers, and customers is performed in caniasERPBasic Core Data. Within basic core data, it is possible to record several parameters which present and audit the use of user-related information in all fields in the system. It offers many advantages to the user, including the creation of vendor and candidate data in customer basic core data, thanks to its fully integrated structure with other modules.
- The arrangement of an automatic and company-specific pricing in order to limit customers or to adjust dependencies for customer/price list groups (connection with caniasERP Sales and caniasERP Purchase module)
- Recording of payment and bank details for situational automatic tax determination (connection with caniasERPFinancial Accounting module)
- The possibility to determine standard invoice and standard delivery dates and assignment of a commercial representative for the management of the desired number of company addresses and automatic commission calculation
- Determination of currency, the language of correspondence and other standards.
The presence of a direct connection between different system components and the address book in the caniasERP Basic Core Data module offers many other advantages: It is possible to assign pre-established “contacts” to a company or to automatically transfer “contacts” assigned to a company to the address book.
Maintenance of Material Basic Core Data
Similar to customer and vendor basic data, material basic data are created and managed in this module. Here, the concept “material” is used as a general term for products, supplies, consumables, auxiliary materials, services, spare parts or commercial products. For all “material types” mentioned herein, there is a central register. Some examples of basic configuration features for a material include:
- Definition of (permitted) warehouse addresses
- Determination of material requirement planning data by the production or purchase departments for resupply purposes
- Recording data for use in other modules where necessary. Service, maintenance, pricing data, sales and purchase data, VAT and other income account indicators in financial accounting, stock valuation parameters for a material, etc.
In the Basic Core Data module, units of measure to be used for materials are also assigned (pieces, meter, hour, pallet, etc.). Here, the user can define a relationship between units of measure for each material (for instance, a pallet = 100 pieces, a dose = 4 liters). Automatic calculations can be performed in line with recognized quantity relationships recorded in check tables (e.g. 1 ton = 1000 kilograms).
Usability or availability of a material is checked by material status in the system (active, blocked, at the design stage, etc.) or by a supply key where a standard supply channel is concerned (internal production, purchase or supply-purchase).
It allows direct ramifications for the administration of bill of materials and work plans, as well as inventory control in warehouse management and other fields if the relevant modules of caniasERP are in use. For example, if images or multilingual material texts are required, it is possible to administer those appropriately (internally, purchase, sales, production). Moreover, there is the possibility to assign customer and/or vendor specific names and numbering to the material, in addition to the particularly assigned name. Based on free-definable parameters and the assigning of characteristics, materials can be strongly differentiated if needed.
Other Configuration Capabilities
For a customized installation and operation of the system, the user is offered other configuration capabilities. In summary, these capabilities cover the following:
- All contacts can be recorded in the address book (employees and external business partners). When necessary, authorities are held; it is possible to create personal address books which other people cannot see.
- Within variant management, general variant definitions are created for later use. Here, characteristics and potential attributes thereof can be recorded (e.g. “color” as a characteristic and “red”, “green”, “blue” as attributes). These variants are assigned to relevant products and, when necessary, it is ensured that they are effective in bills of materials, work plans, weighing and pricing. Assignment of constant qualities such as length, thickness or volume is functionally possible. This function enables you to assign more than one attribute to a material number.
- When creating expense centers, it is possible to define expense centers as the main expense center, auxiliary expense center, collective expense center or distributed expense center, etc. In the meantime, settings related to Financial Accounting can also be made(for instance, belonging to a business area, confirmation for charging an expense center directly, etc.)